PNKF is proud to be hosting the 3rd AUSKF Junior Open Nationals at Kent Meridian High School on August 4, 2012.
Details are as follows:
Date: Saturday, August 4, 2012
Location: Kent Meridian High School 10020 SE 256th St Kent, WA 98030
- 9-years old and younger
- 10-11 years old
- 12-13 years old
- 14-15 years old
- 16-18 years old
- 13-under girls
- 14-18 girls
- Boys Team – 13 to 18 years old – 5 person team
- Girls Team – 3 person team
- Youth Team – 12 and under – 3 person team (Boys or Girls)
- Individual Championships will be OPEN to any youth kenshi with AUSKF membership
- Time limit: 3 minutes with unlimited encho thereafter.
- Team Championships for Youth, Boys and Girls divisions will consist of up to 2 teams per federation
(to be decided by federation at the Championships)
- Team matches in the Boys Team Division will consist of 5 members selected from each age group as outlined below
(see list below)
- Team matches in the Girls Team Division will consist of 3 members with no age or rank restrictions (open to all girls)
- Team matches in the Youth Team Division will consist of 3 members with age limit of 12 years and under (Boys or Girls)
- Time Limit: 3 minutes
- In case of daihyo-sen, match will be determined by ippon-shobu
Boys Team Composition
Senpo: 15-years old and under
Jiho: 15-years old and under
Chuken: 15-years old and under
Fukusho:18-years old and under
Taisho: 18-years old and under
*Tsuki is valid only for 16-18 year old age group in the Individual and Boys Team (Fukusho and Taisho) Championships. Jodan and Nitto will only be allowed in the 16-18 year old age group for Boys Individual and Boys Team (Fukusho and Taisho) Championships.
*Each individual is only eligible to participate in a single individuals division – Girls are allowed to compete in one of either the Girls Individual Division or Boys Individual Division
*Taikai format (round robin, tournament brackets, etc) will mirror the format of the 2011 U.S. Junior Open Championships – further details regarding the Individual and Team Championships will be announced at a later date depending on the number of participants
All other rules will comply with standard rules and regulations set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK)
Shinpan: 4-dan and up on a volunteer basis, selection of final shinpan to be announced.
Entry Fee: $25 per participant
Download the full entry form and submission instructions here: 3rd AUSKF Junior Open National Championships Application (w97).
Download a list of hotels in the Kent area here:Hotels serving the immediate area of Kent.